Nominations are now open to serve as delegates to the Biennial NAPE/AFSCME Local 61 Delegate Assembly. The Delegate Assembly is the highest decision making body of the union, and meets in person every other year. The elected delegates are responsible for setting policy goals, adopting resolutions, adopting changes to the bylaws, setting dues, and electing the five officers of the union. Delegates also receive training on topics of union interest leaving them motivated to continue to grow our union and fight for workers rights.
The Delegate Assembly will be held August 13-15, 2021 in Lincoln at the Courtyard Marriott Downtown/Haymarket. Delegates will have their travel to/from Lincoln reimbursed, hotel costs, and food provided by NAPE. This is a great leadership opportunity for NAPE members.
Members may nominate themselves or another eligible member by clicking here or by returning the paper nomination form by mail or by hand delivery. Nominations must be received prior to Noon central time on April 23, 2021. Officers and members of the Board of Directors are automatic delegates and need not be nominated. The election will take place by mail-in ballot. Ballots will be sent to all members in good standing on April 26, 2021, and must be received in the NAPE/AFSCME office no later than Noon on May 20, 2021.
The following delegate positions will be open for nominations:
- Northern Area Delegates (2)
- Works in Antelope, Boone, Boyd, Burt, Cedar, Colfax, Cuming, Dakota, Dixon, Garfield, Greeley, Holt, Howard, Knox, Madison, Nance, Pierce, Platte, Sherman, Stanton, Thurston, Valley, Wayne, or Wheeler counties in Bargaining Unit A, C, E, H, I, S, M, or X
- Southern Area Delegates (2)
- Works in Adams, Buffalo, Dawson, Franklin, Furnas, Gosper, Harlan, Hall, Kearney, Phelps, or Webster counties in Bargaining Unit A, C, E, H, I, S, M, or X
- Eastern Area Delegates (2)
- Works in Butler, Clay, Fillmore, Gage, Hamilton, Jefferson, Johnson, Merrick, Nemaha, Nuckolls, Otoe, Pawnee, Polk, Richardson, Saline, Saunders, Seward, Thayer, or York counties in Bargaining Unit A, C, E, H, I, S, M, or X
- Western Area Delegates (2)
- Works in Arthur, Banner, Blaine, Box Butte, Brown, Chase, Cherry, Cheyenne, Custer, Dawes, Deuel, Dundy, Frontier, Garden, Grant, Hayes, Hitchcock, Hooker, Keith, Keya Paha, Kimball, Lincoln, Logan, Loup, Morrill, McPherson, Perkins, Red Willow, Rock, Sioux, Scotts Bluff, Sheridan, or Thomas counties in Bargaining Unit A, C, E, H, I, S, M, or X
- Omaha Area Delegates (2)
- Works in Cass, Dodge, Douglas, Sarpy or Washington counties in Bargaining Unit A, C, E, H, I, S, M, or X
- Lincoln Area Delegates (4)
- Works in Lancaster County in Bargaining Unit A, C, E, H, I, S, M, or X
- Department of Education Delegates (2)
- Works under the Nebraska Department of Education Contract, Unit EDB
- Richardson County Delegates (2)
- Works under the Richardson County Roads contract
- State Colleges Delegates (2)
- Works under the Nebraska State College System contract
- Supervisory Delegates (2)
- Supervisory Unit member who works in a “V” job classification
- DHHS Delegates (4)
- Works for DHHS in Unit A, C, E, H, I, M, S, or X
- NDOT Delegates (2)
- Works for NDOT in Unit A, C, E, H, I, M, S, or X
- State Agency Delegates (6)
- Works in Unit A, C, E, H, I, M, S, or X at any state agency except DHHS or NDOT
- At-Large Delegates (6)
- Any union member except those working in a “V” job classification
In order to run for a delegate position, the union member must meet the qualifications as described above, as well as be an active member in good standing since May 19, 2020.