Board Meeting Summary
The NAPE Board of Directors had their quarterly meeting on June 8. Here is a summary of the discussion and action items the Board considered.
- The membership committee reported that NAPE membership has grown by 12.3% this fiscal year. 241 new members joined our union since July 1, 2018. We will continue organizing employees and hope to have our membership grow by an additional one hundred members by January and two hundred members by July 1, 2020.
- The redistricting committee presented a proposal for restructuring representation on the board of directors and the way in which representatives are elected. The Board voted to send the recommendations to the Delegate Assembly for consideration in August.
- The Board approved a new contract with the NAPE/AFSCME Staff Union. The agreement provides salary increases of 2% to our staff members in each of the next two years.
- The Board approved the NAPE operating budget for fiscal year 2020. The budget will rely on a $50,000 transfer from contingency funds in order to be balanced. This is related to some one time expenses after our reorganization. The budget was approved with a goal to have the fiscal year 2021 budget completely balanced. The financial health of our union remains strong and our annual audit was clean.
- The Board went through the current bylaws and made recommendations for language changes that will be considered by the Delegate Assembly in August.
- The Board appointed a strategic planning committee that will help develop a five-year action plan to ensure our union’s future success.
- The Board heard a summary report from our lobbyist and the Government Affairs Committee that summarized the recently ended legislative session.
- The Board heard a report regarding grievances filed this year. NAPE has filed 34 grievances so far this year. Of the eight that have reached resolution, NAPE prevailed in seven!
- The Board voted to donate used office furniture to Habitat for Humanity.
- The Board voted to participate in the Omaha Labor Day parade. Members and their families will be invited to march with the NAPE entry for the parade.
NAPE/AFSCME Local 61 – Election of District Officers & Delegates to the 2019 Biennial Local Convention and Delegate Assembly
Elections for District President, District Vice President, District Secretary-Treasurer, District Sergeant-at-Arms, and Delegates to the Biennial Local Convention and Delegate Assembly were conducted in March 2019 according to the NAPE/AFSCME Local 61 Constitutional Bylaws.
Click here for District Officer Election Results
Click here for Delegate Election Results